March 31, 2018

Phuket, Thailand-The Pearl of the Andaman Sea


A crowded beach resort town.  The beach in town doesn’t seem that inviting.  Perhaps the higher end hotels have private beaches with more appeal.  The streets are lined with food stalls, open-air bars and restaurants, motor scooter rentals, diving and snorkeling shops, and tour operators. 


Gasoline & Fruit Shake stand


I’m baffled as to why it draws such crowds.  I think the answer is that everything is cheap.  Cheap Thai food, cheap tours, cheap taxis, cheap hotels, cheap wares.  Probably a good place for Thai seafood.  It’s plentiful, but we’re only here from 7 AM to 1PM.  

Our tour is billed as a panoramic drive.  That it was-a drive.  Two and a half hours in the bus to 45 minutes at two sites.  They take us to another temple.  This one is new.  It’s colorful but has no history.  I don’t get in because my knees aren’t covered today. 

Then we move on to the south point of the island for a scenic view. 


Back to the bus, back to the tender, back to the ship.  Ahhhh.  We have 2 ½ day off before Chennai, India. 

I’m beginning to whine.  I apologize.  Needless to say, I’m not signing up for the 245 day cruise in 2019-2020 that they’ve just told us about.  Any takers?

1 comment:

  1. No takers here! I got the best seat in the house, you are doing a wonderful job! Keep it up, Hang on you will be home soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Whaduya think?